Alaska Convention Travel Deals
Here are some opportunities to travel for less to CACI's 2008 Alaska Convention.
* Bank of America/Alaska Airlines credit card Companion Fare. Two can travel for the price of one. Well, that's not quite true but it's close. Here's how it works:
1. apply for and obtain this credit card from Bank of America. You can get information and apply online at www.bankofamerica.com or by calling 1-800-552-7302. You will receive a Welcome Packet with the credit card and this packet will contain an explanation of the Companion Travel feature of the card.
2. Make your own reservations and identical reservations for your travel companion according to the instructions in the Welcome Packet.
The annual fee for the card is $75 and the Companion ticket is $50. If you and a friend divide all the costs for the card and for the two tickets each of you will be paying far less than the cost of a regular airfare. To use Companion Travel you and your companion traveler must fly to Anchorage on the same plane and also return on the same plane.
* Alaska Airlines Meeting/Convention Fare. CACI has made arrangements with Alaska Airlines to provide you 10% off any published excursion fare. This discount does not apply to Companion and other promotional fares. To obtain the convention fare do one of the following:
1. make your reservations by calling 1-800-445-4435. This is the group travel desk. Provide the code CMR9731 to get the discount. Fees for reservations by phone apply.
2. make your reservations online at www.alaskaair.com and enter e certificate code ECCMR9731. The price you receive should reflect the discount.
* Continental Airlines Meeting/Convention Fare. CACI has made arrangements with Continental Airlines to provide you a discounted fare to the convention. Make reservations through 1-800-468-7022. Provide the discount code DETBLL and you'll receive a discount between 2% and 15% depending on the price of your ticket. Fees for reservations by phone apply. Book at www.continental.com and obtain an additional 3% (over and above the 2-15%) discount when you enter ZCKQDETBLL on the "Meeting works travel" screen.
* JP Morgan Chase/Continental Credit Card Discount. Charge your reservations to this credit card and get a 5% discount. See www.continental.com for details.
* American Airlines Meeting/Convention Fare. CACI has made arrangements with American Airlines to provide you 5% off when you make your reservations and you provide the promotion code A3768AB. You may book through www.aa.com or by calling 1-800-433-1790. If the flight schedule you want to book involves a flight with an American number but operated by Alaska Airlines then you must call 1-800-433-1790 and book by phone to get the discount. There is a $10 charge to book by phone. Your discount will apply to the full fare, both the segment flown by American and the segment that Alaska Air flies as a partner to American.
* Northwest Airlines Meeting/Convention and Zone Fares. CACI has made arrangements with Northwest Airlines to provide you discounts off your convention travel. Northwest will provide 7% off if you book at least 30 days in advance of your travel date or 5% off if you book only 29 days or less in advance. Our agreement with Northwest also includes zone fares. To obtain more information or to book reservations call 1-800-328-1111 or book through www.nwa.com. Use discount code NYVC6.